Frequently Asked Questions
- What time is check-in / check-out? 3:00 pm / 11:00 am
- What is the minimum age requirement to check-into the room? 21
- What do you charge for Wi-Fi? Nothing! It's complimentary!
- Do guests have private bathrooms? Yes! All rooms have private baths, and in-room controlled air conditioning and heat.
- Is smoking allowed? The hotel is non-smoking, however, smoking is permitted outdoors in the open courtyard area.
- Are pets allowed? No, but our sister properties, Olde Harbour Inn and East Bay Inn, accept pets.
- Are children allowed? No, but we suggest The Marshall House, East Bay Inn, or Olde Harbour Inn.
Directions & Parking
- Where do we park and how much is it? Our parking is street and garage parking. You may purchase a 48-hour pass for $14 for parking. The pass is valid at any city meter marked for one hour or more as well as any city garage.
- Do you offer a shuttle service from the airport? We do not offer a shuttle service. The airport is 15.4 miles from downtown Savannah. A taxi ride to the airport generally costs $28 for the first person; $5 for each additional person.
- What are your cross streets? Eliza Thompson House is located on Jones Street between Whitaker and Bull Streets.
Time & Location of Food Amenities
- Breakfast? A deluxe continental breakfast is served in the courtyard from 8:00 - 10:00 am.
- Evening reception? Hors d'oeuvres and wine are served in the parlor from 5:30 - 7:00 pm.
- Desserts and coffee? Desserts and coffee are served in the parlor from 8:30 -10:00 pm.
- How do I view my reservations? Use this Link to view, cancel, or modify your reservation
- I booked on a website other than the hotel's website. How do I cancel or change my reservation? You must contact the website you used to make your reservation.
- What is the cancellation policy? Cancellations must be made 7 days in advance.
- What is the Savannah hotel/motel tax? 13%
- Are there other fees? Yes, the State of Georgia requires a $5 per room, per night fee.
- What are the Special Conditions for St. Patrick's Day stays? Cancellations must be received by February 1, 2016 for the St. Patrick's Day Celebration (March 16-17, 2016). A one-night deposit is taken at the time of booking with the remainder due on February 2.
- What are the Special Conditions for the Rock 'n'Roll Marathon? Cancellations must be received by Oct 1, 2016 for the Rock 'n' Roll Marathon (November 6-7, 2016) reservations. A one-night deposit is taken at the time of booking with the remainder due on October 2.
Our Best Rate Guarantee
How does the guarantee work? The Eliza Thompson House’s Best Rate Guarantee ensures you are receiving the best rate available on the internet when you book directly with us at www.elizathompsonhouse.com or www.bedandbreakfastsofsavannah.com. If you find a lower rate on another site for the same room, either before booking, or within 24-hours of booking with us, we’ll match that rate.
What do I do if I find a lower rate? Just call us at (800) 348-9378. Our Guest Services staff will verify the price with you on the phone, and will give you the lower rate for your stay.
What details have to be compared? The lower rate must be publicly available and immediately bookable. It must be for a room-only rate for the same hotel, same type of room, same number of guests, same dates of stay, and same length of stay. Our Guest Services staff must be able to see and verify the lower price with you on the phone in order to match the lower rate.
How long do I have to compare the rates? Because hotel rates do change, we are only able to honor a lower rate within 24 hours of your booking. After 24 hours, rates cannot be adjusted.
What does the guarantee not cover?
- Opaque or auction sites where the hotel brand and/or the specific hotel is not known until booking is finalized. Examples of these types of sites include, but are not limited to, Priceline and Hotwire
- Web sites that "package" travel, entertainment, hotel and/or food components such as airfare and hotel stay, hotel stay and car rental, hotel stay and restaurant vouchers, etc. Examples of package websites include, but are not limited to, Site 59 and Delta Vacations
- Packaged rates that include taxes, service charges, meals, coupons, parking, services, or other amenities
- Qualified discount rates including, but not limited to, government, AAA, or senior citizen discounts
- Unpublished, negotiated rates with corporations, travel agencies, groups, associations or other rates that are specifically agreed upon by The Marshall House and a specified and limited group, and are not publicly available
What about the "extra" costs at check-out? This Guarantee applies only to the room rate. It does not apply to taxes, tariffs, or fees imposed by a governmental authority (e.g., federal, state or local) or any gratuities, guest incidental charges, food and beverage charges, resort fees, and any other fees or charges that you may incur during your stay.