Enjoy Your Anniversary or Honeymoon in Savannah at Eliza Thompson House
Enjoy a romantic honeymoon or anniversary celebration in Savannah at The Eliza Thompson House. With a private garden and beautiful historic atmosphere, The Eliza Thompson House promises memories of your romantic occasion will last a lifetime.
For your romantic getaway, we recommend our Luxury Main House rooms. These rooms are considered to be the best and most elegant rooms at The Eliza Thompson House. Built in 1847 as a part of the original home structure, these rooms include The R. Bruce Room, the J. Stephens Room, The Lindsay Room, The Johnston Room and The Carter Room.
Each room is unique, but here you'll find rice beds, 12' ceilings, armoires, dressing tables, ornate fireplaces, hardwood floors and oriental rugs. Modern luxuries include flat screen televisions with DVD players and complimentary WiFi. Amenities include robes in room, full breakfast buffet, afternoon wine and hors d'oeuvres reception, evening desserts and turndown service.
Let the staff at The Eliza Thompson House make your romantic getaway effortless with our Special Additions amenities --- chilled wine, strawberries or sweets. Available as an option when you book online, or you can call our Guest Services desk to make arrangements any time prior to your arrival.
Suggestions from Our Staff
There's a wealth of romantic things to see and do in Savannah. Here's an "Insider's" look at romantic places to visit. But once you're here, you'll find even more suggestions from our Guest Services Staff, a team of individuals who have helped guests with romantic getaways ranging from proposals to 50th Anniversary getaways.
* Take an afternoon stroll through Forsyth Park.
* Have lunch at Vic's on the River.
* Let us arrange a private carriage ride at dusk.
* Shop in the City Market and the Design District, within a few blocks of the inn.
* Take advantage of Savannah's "to-go-cup" cocktail policy, and stroll with you favorite libation.
* Picnic in one of the many parks and squares in the Historic District.
* Enjoy the award winning Elizabeth's on 37th for a romantic dinner. Simply the finest in Savannah.
* Take a pedicab ride. They'll pick you up at Eliza Thompson and take you anywhere north of Gaston Street.
* Couples massage at Spa Bleu.