Discover Historic Savannah
Discover Historic Savannah
No matter what brings you to our vibrant city, you'll never run out of things to do in Savannah. From horse-drawn carriage rides and ghost tours to museum visits and day-trips to the beach, Savannah offers a long list of attractions and activities for every member of your group.
We often suggest a trolly tour for guests visiting Savannah for the first time. These tours give you a comprehensive view of the entire historic district. All of the tour companies we recommend offer an "On/Off" experience, allowing each guest to return to specific places of interest at their leisure. Be sure to bring a pen to mark your interests along the way.
Be sure to contact our concierge for information about our award winning restaurants located throughout the Historic District. We do recommend advanced reservations during the months of March-June & October-November.
Below is a list of the most often visited places by previous guests, and the location's proximity to the Eliza Thompson House.
- Haunted Ghost Tours - Trolleys pick up from the hotel
- Spas - Several options in the historic Savannah
- Forsyth Park- Walk 4 Blocks- 5 Minutes
- Mrs. Wilkes Boarding House- Walk 1 Block
- Downtown Design District- Walk 1 Block
- Mercer House- Walk 1 Block
- Savannah College of Art & Design- Walk 1 Block
- Gryphon Tea Room- Walk 1 Block
- Raskins Fine Antiques- Walk 1 Block
- Andrew Low House- Walk 3 Blocks
- City Market- Walk 0.7 Mile-14 Minutes
- River Street- Walk 0.9 Mile-20 Minutes
- Roundhouse Railroad Museum- Walk 0.6 Mile-12 Minutes
- The Ships of the Sea Museum- Walk 0.8 Mile-17 Minutes
- Jepson Center for the Arts and ArtZeum- Walk 0.5 Mile-11 Minutes
- Telfair Academy Art Museum- Walk 0.5 Mile-11 Minutes
- Juliette Gordon Low Birthplace- Walk 0.4 Mile-8 Minutes
- Owens-Thomas House- Walk 0.6 Mile-13 Minutes
- Davenport House- Walk 0.7 Mile-14 Minutes
- Tybee Island- Drive 17.5 Miles-28 Minutes
- Tybee Island Lighthouse & Museum- Drive 16.4 Miles-26 Minutes
- Fort Pulaski- Drive 13.8 Miles-23 Minutes
- Old Fort Jackson- Drive 3.8 Miles-10 Minutes
- Wormsloe Plantation- Drive 9.3 Miles-16 Minutes
Savannah’s Haunted Attractions
Savannah's long history naturally lends itself to the possibilities of haunted mansions, streets, cemeteries, homes, and even hotels. Experience the thrill of a chilling walk or ride through the city's most haunted spots, when you take part in one of Savannah’s many ghost tours. The Eliza Thompson House itself is one of many haunted homes in Savannah, but not to worry --- our ghosts have a friendly reputation.
St. Patrick’s Day in Savannah, Georgia
Irish eyes are smiling every March 17 on St. Patrick's Day in Savannah! The city’s population nearly doubles every year as more than 200,000 visitors pack the Savannah streets and Waterfront for St. Patrick's Day "Savannah Style". The Eliza Thompson House is perfectly situated near the "greened" fountain at Forsyth Park, and is ideal for walking to the party, taking a break, and then re-joining the fun at your leisure.